Individual and Family Support Grant
NF Inc. Minnesota's Individual and Family Support Grant is intended to provide financial assistance to individuals or to family member with NF to assist with issues or emergencies related to NF. Examples of grants include, but are not limited to, transportation or lodging costs associated with treatment or diagnosis, special equipment, or therapies.
Individual and Family Support Grant Criteria
- Individuals and families must fill out the online form completely and indicate the purpose for the financial assistance on the application form.
- Financial assistance will be granted after exhausting all other reasonable options including third party insurance coverage.
- Individuals and families are only eligible to receive one support grant within a 12 month period.
- The amount of the support grant may not exceed $1000. The specific amount will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- You must submit via email supporting documentation. This documentation may include a signed letter from a doctor, a note from teachers, receipts of expenses, etc. If you have a question about what documentation is accepted, please contact us.
- Once a grant application has been received, you will be contacted within ten (10) working days to confirm receipt and to request additional supporting documentation if needed.
- Only after all supporting documentation is received and the application is complete will the request will be submitted to the Board for review at the next Board meeting.
- NF Upper Midwest Board meetings occur every two months. You will be notified of the date that your grant application is up for review.
- Once a decision has been reached, you will be notified within 48 hours as to whether the application has been approved and the amount that has been approved.